You are here
Ergonomics Upper Extremity Research - Shoulders, Arms, & Chest
Masonry – Brick, Block, Stone, Cement, & Terrazzo
- Anton D, Mizner R, Hess J . The effect of lift teams on kinematics and muscle activity of the upper extremity and trunk in bricklayers. J Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy. View abstract.
- UC Ergonomics/Safe Pavement Breakers (2010, OHIP)
- A Biomechanical Analysis of Various Brick Sizes
- Rempel D, Star D, Barr A, Gibbons B, Janowitz I . A new method for overhead drilling. Ergonomics Dec; 52(12):1584-9. View abstract.
- Borstad JD, Ludewig PM . Comparison of scapular kinematics between elevation and lowering of the arm in the scapular plane. Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon);17:650-659. View abstract.
- Ludewig PM, Cook TM . Translations of the humerus in persons with shoulder impingement symptoms. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther;32:248-259. View abstract.
- Anton D, Shibley LD, Fethke NB, Hess J, Cook TM, Rosecrance J . The effect of overhead drilling position on shoulder moment and electromyography. Ergonomics;44:489-501. View abstract.
- Ludewig PM, Cook TM . Alterations in shoulder kinematics and associated muscle activity in people with symptoms of shoulder impingement. Phys Ther;80:276-291. View abstract.
- Ludewig PM, Cook TM, Nawoczenski DA . Three-dimensional scapular orientation and muscle activity at selected positions of humeral elevation. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther;24:57-65. View abstract.
- Ludewig PM, Cook TM . The effect of head position on scapular orientation and muscle activity during shoulder elevation. J Occup Rehab;6:147-158. View abstract.
- Rempel D, Star D, Barr A, Janowitz I . Overhead drilling: Comparing three bases for aligning a drilling jig to vertical. Journal of Safety Research 41(3):247-251. View full article.
- P M Ludewig, J D Borstad . Effects of a home exercise programme on shoulder pain and functional status in construction workers. Occup Environ Med 2003;60:841–849. View full article.
- Ludewig PM, Cook TM, Shields RK . Technical note: Comparison of surface sensor and bone-fixed measurement of humeral motion. J Applied Biomech;18:163-170. View full article.
- The Effect of Overhead Drilling Position on Shoulder Moment and Electromyography
- Rosecrance JC, Cook TM . Upper extremity musculoskeletal disorders: Occupational association and a model for prevention. Central European Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine;4:214-231. View full article.
- Work-related Musculoskeletal Disorders of the Neck, Back, and Upper Extremity in Washington State, 1990-1998
- Ludewig PM, Cook TM . Contribution of selected scapulothoracic muscle forces to the control of accessory scapular motions. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther;25:77.
- Musculoskeletal Disorders and Workplace Factors (NIOSH, 1997)