Pre-Task Planning (PTP) is a process performed before each task starts to discuss the steps of work, the hazards, and available controls. This process may also be known as job hazard analysis (JHA), job safety analysis (JSA), morning huddle, or other terms.
To help contractors design, implement, assess, and continuously improve their PTP process, CPWR has developed a comprehensive PTP package. It contains several applied tools — including checklists, templates, and practical examples — to help you through the process. To access these resources, use the links below.
To obtain individual checklists and tools included in the full package, select from this list:
- Sample Completed Pre-Task Planning (PTP) Form
- Blank Pre-Task Planning (PTP) Form (PDF, Word)
- Post-Job Review Checklist: An End-of-Shift Assessment Tool
- Pre-Task Planning (PTP) Assessment: Management Checklist
- Pre-Task Planning (PTP) Assessment: Worker’s Perspective
Join a webinar Wednesday, 10/25 to learn how these PTP resources can help you initiate PTP or improve the quality of an established PTP process. Click here to register and submit questions in advance.