To respond to the quickly changing construction industry and support construction stakeholders, CPWR is publishing a series of interactive data dashboards. The new resources, produced by our Data Center, will not only provide updated data but also allow users to access more detailed information and flexible charts than ever before.
Incorporating a multitude of data sources used in the Construction Chart Book, the dashboards draw on newly available data collections from government or private organizations. In addition to categories covered in the Construction Chart Book, such as the industry and workers, hazards and exposures, and injuries and illnesses, the dashboards consist of a wider variety of topics related to the safety and health of construction workers, including emerging issues such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
To provide timely data, these dashboards will be published one by one and may accompany Data Bulletins if they have a similar topic. All the dashboards will be updated periodically when new data are available. When they are compiled, these data dashboards will serve as the Interactive Construction Chart Book, continuing to provide a comprehensive resource and convenient data tool for our broad audience.
- Characteristics of Construction Businesses
- Construction Employment Projections
- Construction Employment Trends
- Construction Establishments by Payroll Status — data updated 11/22/22
- Construction Fatality Map
- Construction Focus Four
- Construction Payroll Establishments and Employees
- Construction Worker Mental Health
- Construction Workers’ Income and Benefits
- COVID-19 Vaccinations
- Demographics of Construction Business Owners
- Electrical Injuries in Construction — new
- Falls, Slips and Trips in Construction
- Fatal and Nonfatal Injuries in Construction
- Healthcare and Medical Expenditures among Construction Workers
- Health Insurance Coverage in the Construction Industry — new
- Hispanic Employment — data updated 11/22/22
- Leading Causes of Death Among Construction Workers — new
- Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs) in Construction
- Occupational Exposures in Construction
- OSHA Citations for Chemical Exposures in Construction
- OSHA Inspections and Citations in Construction
- Severe Injuries
- Transportation Injuries in the Construction Industry
- Women in Construction
To use the Dashboards:
- All dashboards have filters that allow you to categorize and query data based on your selections. Most filters work inclusively, allowing you to filter by multiple criteria between and within categories.
- Each dashboard includes an information icon. Hover your mouse over the icon to see a brief description of the dashboard, how to use its filters, major measures, definitions, etc.
- Each dashboard has a linked Excel file. Click on the hyperlinked text to download the data as a spreadsheet.
- If you want to download charts for the entire dashboard, click on the download icon, and select what you want, either in PDF or PowerPoint.
- Data used for the dashboards are mainly tabulated by CPWR Data Center staff. Thus, some numbers may not be directly comparable to other publications using similar data sources due to differing quantitative methods.
- Users are advised to review footnotes associated with the dashboard charts, such as information about the data sources and how the findings were derived.
- For mobile users: If you are using a tablet or a smartphone, tap on the dashboard, and the rest will be the same as if you were to use a computer.
If you have questions or comments on the dashboards, please email [email protected].