CPWR is now accepting applications for funding from the Small Study Program
CPWR’s Small Study Program provides seed money of up to $30,000 to investigate promising new research initiatives. Many major research projects began with a Small Study to demonstrate its viability or test the approach, and other studies have resulted in important stand-alone projects. A survey of researchers funded under this program found that more than 60 percent had published their findings in peer-reviewed journals.
We encourage innovative research proposals focused on:
- Reaching high-risk populations: small employers, vulnerable workers, residential and light commercial construction firms
- Developing applicable, practical interventions
- Engaging stakeholders, through partnerships and other means, to better understand the barriers to and motivators for adoption of best practices
- Addressing emerging issues and exploring new technologies
- Evaluating promising research translation products and dissemination strategies
- Disseminating good practices to small employers
We are also interested in innovative approaches to reducing the spread of COVID-19 through ventilation, distancing, and respirators – read the Small Study Funding Opportunity Announcement to learn more about “Special Emphasis Areas”.
How to apply for a Small Study Grant
Researchers interested in funding should review the Small Study Guidelines, which explain the requirements and process in detail. Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis and can come from investigators from a wide range of disciplines, including applied computer sciences, communication sciences, construction management, consumer marketing, economics, engineering, psychology, and work organization. We also welcome innovative proposals from occupational safety and health researchers, ergonomists, epidemiologists, researchers partnering with industry practitioners, and others.
Learn more from reviewing the list of Funded Small Studies.
For questions contact: