Other Resources for Stakeholders
Several research projects and r2p initiatives have resulted in materials and programs targeted for use by contractors, trainers, workers and other industry stakeholders, including training programs and materials, resource collections focused on a specific hazard, and products to use to raise awareness of hazards and ways to work safely (translational products).
Career Technical Education
Career Technical Education – Results of research to identify the pathways to reach workers receiving safety and health training through career technical education (CTE) programs.
Hazard-Specific Pages and Websites
Hazard Specific Pages and Websites that provide users with ready access to resources developed through the r2p program and other trusted sources:
- Construction Ergonomics Research & Solutions
- Construction Solutions Database and ROI Calculator
- COVID-19 Construction Clearinghouse
- Mental Health & Addiction
- Mining Resources for Construction
- Nail Gun Safety
- Preventing Head Injuries
- Preventing Hearing Loss
- Resources to Protect Workers from Methylene Chloride (Paint Strippers)
- Trench Safety
- Working in Cold Weather
- Working in Hot Weather
- Work Safely with Silica and free tool to create and exposure control plan
- Work Zone Safety
Planning Tools and Resources
Best Built Plans – Planning Tool and Interactive Components – Construction workers are at high risk for developing work-related musculoskeletal disorders, such as strains, sprains, carpal tunnel, and back injuries, due to the physically demanding nature of their work. In addition to a comprehensive ergonomics training program with modules for workers and contractors, the Best Built Plans program includes information and planning resources to help a contractor develop a plan to reduce manual materials handling and related injuries and engage all levels of their work force in the process. The planning resources include, for example, spreadsheets, information on productivity benefits, examples of lifting equipment and interactive training and coaching resources to reinforce safe practices. Elements of the Best Built Plans program are available in English and Spanish.
Translational products developed through the r2p program:
- Toolbox Talk Series – for use at the start of the day to address specific hazards workers may encounter. Each Toolbox Talk includes a description of the hazard, a brief case study from the field, discussion questions and site-specific actions. Also available in Spanish
- Hazard Alert Card Series – Key information to raise workers’ awareness of a specific hazard and prevention. Also available in Spanish.
- Physician’s Alert Series – These Alerts are designed to be shared with a workers’ doctor to help with diagnosis and treatment. Also available in Spanish.
- Infographics Series – Visual depictions of hazards and solutions. Also available in Spanish.
- IMPACT Cards –- The brief case studies describe CPWR research projects and the impact they are having on workers’, contractors’, and other stakeholders’ awareness of hazards, and industry’s use of interventions to reduce illness and injuries on construction jobsites.
Training programs developed through r2p partnership initiatives:
- BBP Ergonomics Training for Workers and Contractors
- Construction Noise & Hearing Loss Prevention Program
- Preventing Head Injuries
- RF Radiation Awareness Program
- Disaster Preparedness Training App. CPWR and NIEHS developed a Disaster Response Training app to provide workers and employers with ready access to information and training resources for a variety of emergency situations, including hurricanes. Available on Google and Apple