Working outside in cold, wet, icy, or snowy conditions can lead to serious health problems such as hypothermia and frostbite. The following resources contain information that can help you work safely in cold weather.
- Cold Weather Toolbox Talk. Also available in Spanish.
- Cold Weather Hazard Alert. Also available in Spanish.
- Cold Weather Infographics–New* Protect Yourself from the Cold
- Workplace Safety and Health Topics: Cold Stress
- Cold Stress: Recommendations for Employers and Workers
- NIOSH Working in Cold Podcast
- NIOSH Science Blog: Cold Stress
- Cold Stress – Cold Related Illnesses: Types of Cold-related Illnesses
- NIOSH Fast Facts: Protecting Yourself from Cold Stress
- OSHA Winter Weather: Plan. Equip. Train.
- OSHA Cold Stress Guide
- OSHA Sawmill eTool: Cold Stresses
- OSHA Safe Winter Driving