The r2p Working Group facilitates communication and action by researchers and decision makers on critical safety and health issues facing the construction industry.
Who we are: The Center for Construction Research and Training (CPWR); the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH); and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Our Mission is to work collaboratively to:
- Promote a closer relationship between research and practice.
- Create better two-way communication between researchers and decision makers (including owners, contractors, manufacturers, safety professionals, labor, regulators, government agencies and others).
- Get vital information, interventions and technologies to the construction worker “in the trench” or “on the steel”.
- Persuade contractors and workers to adopt evidence-based interventions and recommendations.
- Learn about and improve the r2p process.
- Document and evaluate r2p efforts carried out jointly and within each organization.
- Compare lessons learned and compile useful tools.
Our joint dissemination efforts to date include:
- Nail gun safety information dissemination
- Silica resources dissemination
- A dissemination database for dissemination of construction safety and health solutions