Analyzes questionnaires completed by more than 300 construction workers believed to be exposed to silica on Boston’s Big Dig in 2001 and finds more than 25% of the workers reported symptoms consistent with asthma, with higher levels for some trades and types of work – and with the asthma apparently largely undiagnosed and untreated.
Home > Asthma in Heavy and Highway Construction Workers Exposed to Silica.
- Research Projects
- Data Center
- Research to Practice (r2p)
- r2p Library
- r2p Partnerships
- Infrastructure Resources
- Training and Awareness Programs from Research
- Management Resources from Research
- Hazard-Specific Resources & Training Tools
- Liberty Mutual Safety Innovation Award