The Liberty Mutual Safety Innovation Award will take place again in 2022 — more information will be coming this fall. The following information refers to the 2021 award process and may be adjusted for the coming year’s contest.
♦ Applicants had to submit a written application that described their work, including how it improves safety and health and who is using it.
♦ Applications had to include a 3- to 5-minute video describing and/or demonstrating use of the intervention (evidence-based technology, work practice, or program). When developing the video, applicants were requested to consider the following:
- A description of the problem/hazard the intervention addresses
- The target audience and the type of construction site(s) where the hazard may be present
- An explanation of how the intervention will reduce the hazard
- A description of dissemination and widespread use
- The evidence that the intervention can achieve its goal
- Why the intervention is innovative
PLEASE NOTE: Applications for an innovation could only be submitted once.
The Applicant agrees to allow Liberty Mutual Insurance and CPWR to verify the application information. The Applicant agrees that Liberty Mutual Insurance and CPWR expressly reserve the right to conduct a detailed background check, including a criminal history check, on any award finalist, at any time throughout the award process.