The Liberty Mutual Safety Innovation Award will take place again in 2022 — more information will be coming this fall. The following information refers to the 2021 award process and may be adjusted for the coming year’s contest.
♦ Submissions will be scored using the following categories:
- Demonstration of Safety Impact and/or Validation – evidence that the intervention has or will, for example, improve safety climate; reduce or eliminate a hazard or exposure; or reduce injuries/illnesses.
- Scalability to small construction firms with fewer than 20 employees.
- Financial Impact as measured by return on investment relative to innovation costs.
- Improvement in project management practices, procurement, selection of contractors or how work is organized. Includes prevention considerations at the design phase of construction work (prevention through design – PtD).
- Viability. Likelihood to bring to market and/or reduction of barriers to adoption.
- Novelty – a new intervention, technology, work practice or program.
- Testimonial from at least one stakeholder.
Liberty Mutual Insurance and CPWR expressly reserve the right to: (1) disqualify without notice any Applicant from the awards for any reason in their sole discretion; and (2) conduct a detailed background check, including a criminal history check, on any award finalist, at any time throughout the award process.