CPWR continues to expand our resources to help construction employers and workers take necessary precautions to keep safe during the coronavirus pandemic. In conjunction with the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), we hold a regular COVID-19 webinar series for the construction industry. More than 20 webinars are available on-demand.
In September, we launched a free online COVID-19 Exposure Control Planning Tool, in response to a recommendation from the CDC and OSHA that employers create a plan to protect employees and visitors to their job sites from exposure to COVID-19 and prevent the spread of the disease. Feedback is welcome — send your comments to email@example.com.
We established the CPWR COVID-19 Construction Clearinghouse to give our industry easier access to reliable, current information. If you know of materials that should be considered for the Clearinghouse, particularly innovative practices and equipment being used on job sites to prevent the spread of COVID-19, please click here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our staff will follow up to learn more.
Additional Resources include…
- Recently, CPWR and the NORA Construction Sector Council COVID-19 Work Group developed Quick Tips to Increase Ventilation at Indoor Construction Sites Without Operating HVAC Systems in English and Spanish. This guidance is preliminary and is updated as new information becomes available. Recommendations were influenced in part by the findings of a short survey, outlined in the report: Ventilation to Reduce COVID-19 Spread in Enclosed Work Areas During Cold Weather: A Survey of Construction Contractors.
- CPWR and NABTU have also issued the COVID-19 Standards for U.S. Construction Sites, national standard for infectious disease exposure control practices for job sites designed to prevent disease, disability and death. They are available in English and Spanish.
- For Union Training Centers, CPWR has put out Recommendations for a COVID-19 Plan. This is a living document and will be updated regularly.
Training Resources & Handouts for Workers:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
- Video Testimonials
- Best Practices for Distance Learning
- COVID-19 Toolbox Talk in English and Spanish.
- COVID-19 Infographics
CPWR Data Bulletin: Construction Employment, Businesses, and COVID-19 Vaccinations During the Pandemic
- Additional Data Bulletins
- COVID-19 Vaccination Data Dashboard
Highlighted Resources from Other Organizations:
- COVID-19 Poses Big Challenges for Small Construction Firms
- CDC/NIOSH Construction Sector COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility & Status Documents
- Other CDC resources relevant to the construction industry (including employer/employee checklists in English and Spanish)
- Latino Worker Safety Center (LWSC) COVID-19 Training PowerPoints (in English, Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, and Polish)
Visit the CPWR COVID-19 Construction Clearinghouse for a more comprehensive list of resources.